10 Secrets to Business Results and Cash Flow Essentials for Restaurants 10 Secrets to Business Results: 9:00 - 10:30 Since 1979, EWH Small Business Accounting has worked with
10 Secrets to Business Results: 9:00 – 10:30
Since 1979, EWH Small Business Accounting has worked with over 2,200 Small Businesses on a monthly basis, not to mention thousands of others at year end. Reflecting on his years of experience working with many small business owners, Ed Hastreiter has developed a list of “10 Secrets” based on the patterns of success and failure he’s witnessed. Success in business cannot be guaranteed – implement these 10 Secrets and your chances of success will be far greater!
1. Product or Service Exceeds Customer Expectations
2. Quality, Well-trained Staff
3. Owners Work ON Their Business, Not IN Their Business
4. Solid Financial Equity
5. Learning is a Life Long Commitment
6. Owner Must Have Integrity
7. Owners Have a Passion for Their Business
8. Deal With Facts and Not Opinions
9. Grow Smart by Setting Written Goals
10. Have and know your Business Model
We will also discuss the essentials of growth and how to grow your business making it a turn-key operation This workshop will help you to begin thinking about where you’re at, where you want to be, and what needs to be done in your business to help you achieve your vision.
Cash Flow Essentials for Restaurants: 10:30 – 12:00
When it comes to math, you know how many ounces are in a pour, how many cups go into the recipe, and how to calculate a great tip. As a restaurant, bar owner or GM you have to be on your game when it comes to numbers. But not just food inventory and table reservations—to be truly successful, you need to understand the financials behind your business! You learn the essentials to understanding the story your numbers are telling you about your business, and what business decisions you need to execute to improve profitability and cash flow.
• Understand and utilize your financial statements
• How your business and personal finances are connected
• Know your key performance indicators (KPI’s) for Restaurants
• The difference between cash and profit
• How to implement a bookkeeping system to keep track of all cash coming in and going out
• Maintain a proper audit trail, with checks and balances and proper record keeping
• Ideas on how to run your small business more profitably and successfully
Networking will follow from 12:00 – 1:00 and lunch will be provided at 12:00.
(Monday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Porta Bella Restaurant
425 N Frances Street, Madison, WI 53703