Do you ever feel like you are looking at your financial statements upside down? Or worse yet – making decisions off of unreliable information? Most small business owners didn’t go to school for accounting or finance, so its natural to feel a little lost when looking at your books.
One of the ways we help you find strength in your numbers is by helping you understand them. Our EWH University classes focus on simple, easy, and fun ways to explore your small business financial reports, guiding you to that “ah-ha” moment where it all makes sense.
“Even though I knew nothing about today’s topics and was nervous coming in, I immediately felt at ease. I was comfortable interacting and enjoyed the day, learned a lot.”
Kim Seidler, Cousins Subs – Business Consultant
“AWESOME!! Great way to present the material in a clear and concise manner with the mind of an entrepreneur and not an accountant.”
Lindsey Roder, Youdia Digital LLC (Brookfield, WI)
“After finishing the class, I have less worries about my business finances. I no longer feel helpless about how to grow my business. I can now set goals that are reasonable and accurate.”
Dr. Thomas Matzke, Matzke Chiropractic (De Pere, WI)
“Through the Financial Essentials workshop, for the first time in over 15 years of doing business, I feel I understand my financial statement.”
Arthur Mays, Realty Among Friends LLC (Milwaukee, WI)
Cash Flow Essentials Mini-Workshop
- 90-minute session
- Designed for business owners, not accountants!
- Get insight on how to Implement a Numbers-Based Strategy
- Learn how to Increase Cash Flow
- Leave knowing how to read your Financial Statement!
Cash Flow Fundamentals Workshop
- Two 4-hour sessions, choose one or both!
- Morning – Cash Flow Focus, Afternoon – Profitability Focus
- Designed for anyone who wants a better understanding of business finances
- A review of your Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, P & L, Cash Flow Statement
- Learn about KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Learn about Tax Planning and Strategy
- Understand your Assets and Liabilities
- Get tips for Budgeting and Forecasting
- Focus on Cash and Cash Management
- Learn about the 10 Levers to Increase Sales Profits and Cash Flow
- Leave with a plan to Improve Cash Flow and Profit!
Strategic Planning and Budgeting Workshop
- Learn how to Forecast Sales
- Learn how to put a budget together to Budget for Profitability and Cash Flow
- Utilize a 6-Week Cash Flow Forecast
- Learn how design and implement KPI dashboards
- Understand the 10 Stages of the Life Cycle of a Business
- Learn about the 10 areas to focus on as your business grows.
- Create a Road Map to Grow and Build your Business
- Walk away with a 1 year Strategic Plan
Personal Finances and Money Management Workshop
- Go Home with a Personal Budget in place
- Understanding the Difference between Earnings and Net Worth
- Understand a Personal Financial Statement and a Statement of Net Worth
- Learn 2 Strategies to Increase your Net Worth
- Understand Good Debt vs. Bad Debt, Appreciating Assets and Depreciating Assets
- Learn about the Psychology of Wealth
- Learn about Debt Reduction Strategy
- Learn how to Make Money Work for You and the Power of Compounding
Connecting the Dots: Understanding the 4 DISC Communication Styles
- The universal language of the DISC Communication and Behavioral Model
- The importance of understanding individual strengths and potential limitations
- Recognizing the motivational drives and fears in yourself and others
- Learn how to “read” others and adapt your style for better communication
- Potential stressors for you and ways to recharge your batteries
Your Attitude is Showing
- Understanding your own and others’ motivator perspectives
- Recognizing the impact your motivators have on your decision-making and that of others
- Identifying the motivators and values of others
- Appreciating each other’s differences
- Working through conflict of values to create positive outcomes
Succession Planning For Business Owners Workshop
- Who will you be selling to – Employees, family members, outside buyers?
- What are the opportunities and risks of each?
- Learn the primary ways to structure the sale financially
- Understand the tax implications of how the buyout is structured
- Understand how the tax implications impact the purchase price
- Figure out how much your business is worth
Ten Secrets to Achieving Results in Your Small Business
Since 1979 EWH Small Business Accounting has worked with over 2,200 Small Businesses on a monthly basis, not to mention thousands of others at year end. This means we have produced over 750,000 Financial Statements.
This has given us an incredible microcosm (sample) of small businesses to study, allowing us to see the patterns that lead to success and patterns that were less than successful. We have packed these patterns into the Ten Secrets to Achieving Results in your Small Business.
The Sales Conversation
In any sales process there are steps to making the sale easier and more successful for both you and your prospect. Starting from building rapport with potential clients, knowing what they want and need, and communicating it in a way that makes it fun and enjoyable for everyone. In this class you will learn the ins and outs of the sale process, how to better facilitate and present the sales conversation making you more effective with your prospective clients and customers, thereby increasing your closing rates and empowering you to make more money!
What you’ll get:
- The 6 steps of the sales conversation
- How to build rapport with someone in a matter of minutes
- Methods for how to construct your presentations of what you do and how you do it
- How to provide your client with the education and information they need to make an informed decision
- Creating a 30-second pitch
Sales Leadership A to Z for Accounting and CPA Firms
Sales Leadership A to Z will teach you the essentials of how to sell monthly accounting, payroll and tax services. This course was designed to teach you how to sell and become a trusted advisor to your clients and prospects.
EWH Lender Training Series
- Learn how to read and understand Financial Statements
- Learn how to read 1040’s, 1065’s, 1120’s and 1120S Tax Returns
- Learn how to find Cash Flow on Tax Returns
- Learn the 17 Key Financial Trends to spot and identify
- In class exercises and demo’s
- 11 class room session with 26 hours of class room time
- Learn the Diamond Communication Model and how to communicate financial information to prospective and current borrowers
Translating the Language of Business for Accounting and CPA Firms
As accountants and individuals in the accounting industry, we understand one of the most important aspects of business: The Language of Business. This workshop includes a variety of topics most accountants know and are familiar with. The value you will gain from this workshop is recognizing how to translate the language of accounting for your clients. It’s one thing to know the language – it’s another to teach it.
With busy and fast moving lives we sometimes take care of everyone else first and neglect to give ourselves the time we so valuably need. In our You Inc. program you will learn the steps to building the best you for your business, career, and your life. You will leave with the knowledge to empower yourself to create the changes you want in your life that will lead to the results you are looking for! Make YOU a priority.
What you’ll learn:
- How to take care of yourself so you can lead your business or career to success
- How to set goals and design your own personal goals for next year
- Healthy ways to take a timeout, pause, and reflect
- How to prevent the events of your past from holding you back
- How to design your future the way you always wanted
Leading through Communication
Get ready for our brand new workshop, Leading through Communication!
Leading through Communication will teach you the essential skills for effective communication in your business and your life. This course was designed to teach you how to lead people from A to Z of the decision making process using just 6 simple steps.
Register for Upcoming Classes!
A challenge facing many small business owners is the ability to understand their numbers, making it difficult to make sound financial decisions. EWH University workshops will teach you how to read, understand, and use your financial statements to produce measurable financial results.